Called to Serve

Called to Serve

Friday, July 15, 2016

Last Letter Home From Peru 6/20/16

t's been such an amazing journey. It has been so so special to serve here in Lima Peru and know these people who are now so dear to me. Today I was able to visit my areas and many of the people who I was able to teach in these past two years and it was so sweet to feel their love and care for me. I have been able to come closer to feeling the true love of God for everyone of his children and for the perfect love that Christ showed for us as he Atoned for our sins. I have been able to serve with all my heart might mind and strength and break the skin of my knees every night praying for each and every one of these great brothers and sisters of mine. 

As my mission concludes I feel perfectly content with the work that God has given me the chance to perform, for the opportunity to serve him, and for the blessing to become more like him. I know that the Gospel of Jesus Christ changes lives, it has definitely changed mine. I know that in this dark and fallen world that we live in, Christ is our light. I know that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints is the true church of God and that He guides it through a chosen prophet and seer and 12 apostles. We are guided by God. I know that the Bible and the Book of Mormon are the word of God and that they are our compasses that guide us to pace and calmness. I know that Joseph Smith saw a pillar of light brighter than the sun, and that his prayer was answered by God the Father and his son Jesus Christ. I love my savior and I am so grateful for the blessing to serve him for these past two years. Obedience to the commandments is how we can not simply live, but truly prosper by the hand of God every day. I know these things are true, and I know that if I always remember them and put them in practice, my testimony will continue to grow stronger and stronger. I know these things with all my heart, and I share this in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.


Love,
Elder Lambson :)

1 comment: