Called to Serve

Called to Serve

Monday, February 1, 2016

February 1, 2016

A few weeks ago the Elders from the CCM came to do splits with the Elders in the field. We went over to another ward in the zone and I went with an Elder from Peru who was just in the mission a week and a half haha. We went around with a list contacting investigators and finding less actives for a few hours (just a day activity). We knocked a door looking for an old investigator there and her sister came out. She told us that her sister wasn't home but that she was really interested in what we do because every time her kids see missionaries they point at us and ask her what we do haha. So she was like, what do you guys do so I can tell my kids? We talked a little bit at the door and she invited us to come in and share a small message, we talked about the book of mormon and then asked her to read just the first paragraph of the introduction she didn't want to stop and read the whole thing haha. She thought it was amazing and told us about how she is Catholic, but how she has seen a lot of things that she doesn't think are right. We gave her the Book of Mormon and a pamphlet of the restoration and she was excited for the elders to come back and visit her. So we left super happy and excited that she was so cool and we told the elders from her area that they had to go back and visit her this week. So the next week, we ended up doing divisions and I went back to that same ward, they had a visit with the same woman that I had found the other week! It was so cool that I was able to teach her again!! After a week I saw her again and she was progressing super well, she said that her and her kids read the whole pamphlet, the introduction again, and the testimonies of Joseph Smith and the other witnesses. She is so chosen! It was an amazing experience and its so awesome how if we are ready, the Lord puts us in the right places at the right times. 

Another cool division that we did this week was with Elder Cowan! I got to be with my companion from the MTC for a day long. It was so cool teaching in the field together and seeing how far we have come in a year and a half haha. 

So this week there was a stake activity for the young men and the stake presidency invited President Boswell, and me and my companion to come help, and speak for a minute. So President did an awesome talk and presentation, then invited us to share a small part. My companion shared about the Blessings that he has received from serving a mission and I shared about what things I did to prepare my self for the mission. I started off saying "if you think you're going to prepare yourself for the mission in the MTC, you're wrong" haha. Just a lot about service, and being worthy. It was awesome because the whole time I was talking, I just imagined the young men out there were Parker and his friends. The mission is amazing and it is soso necessary to prepared with time in advance. Start right now!! Its probably the most important thing I have ever done in my life!! Love you!! Have a great week!
--
Love,
Elder Lambson :)


With the comp and some peruvians in the street!
With the pension, unfortunately we have to change and we will have a new pension tomorrow! 
Love you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment