Called to Serve

Called to Serve

Wednesday, December 17, 2014

December 15, 2014


I still don't know how all of this works (calling Home on Christmas) either! But there is a pre call that is for 5 minutes to let you guys know I'm going to get on Skype so I guess you guys need to get a Skype and we will go from there. Next week I will know for sure. 

Our investigator, 70 yrs old, was going to be baptized last Saturday but we decided it would be better if he goes to church one more time. So we went yesterday and he said he feels so good and is more sure about the Church now. In the class he was answering questions, sharing his testimony, and making jokes too haha. He is the best. There are transfers tomorrow, I'm pretty sure I'm going to a different area! We will know tonight. All I can say Is I am soo happy to be a Missionary, the world is getting worse and worse everyday. For this we have to be even better, not only as Missionaries but every member of the church. 3 Nephi 12:13-16 first talks about how we are like the salt of the earth, but what good is salt if it doesn't have its flavor. We are Members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Saints but what good are we if we don't practice what we preach, show and live the things that we believe in. It then goes on to say that in reality we are the Light of the world, and with a Light like this you don't hide it, rather shine it from the top of a hill for everyone to see and follow. I know that these things are true and I know that once someone gains this Light of the Gospel they should always be sharing it with others not only through their testimonies but more importantly through their actions. If you aren't getting better... you're getting worse. We need to always remember who we are and what covenants we have made with the Lord. I know these things are true and we have to work harder than ever to guard our faith because these really are the Latter Days. I love you guys so much and I'm so grateful for all you do for me, have an amazing week!

If you havent seen it yet, Christmas.Mormon.Org the beautiful new video by the church.  Its the most wonderful time of the year!!





-- 
Love,


Elder Lambson :)

1 comment:

  1. Kaleen, Thank you for posting updates on Kiel. I love hearing how he is doing. I'm enjoying a couple of missionary blogs, it's been helping me get mentally ready to send my boy off in a couple of years. I truly do not know how mothers do it. Thank you again! And Merry Christmas to the Talley's!!

    ReplyDelete