Called to Serve

Called to Serve

Wednesday, February 18, 2015

February 16, 2015


Went to McDonalds this week, Elder Tadje from Idaho



We cooked with this sweet old lady, she has 3 kids but they all live in the United States, she is alone here so it was fun to spend time with her and cook a dinner. (the little guy is E, he is awesome he always goes on lessons with us)






It was my comps birthday this week



A roof shot




Valentines lunch ( they call it day of love and friendship). Thanks for the plates and decorations mom.




Wow that makes me soo happy to read about you guys and how awesome everything is going. It also makes me happy that people are thinking about me. Joe, Talmage, Bubby haha. I love my family and my friends soo much. This life isn't meant to be spent alone, Im soo blessed to have such an amazing family and such amazing friends. I am loving the mission so much, I am flipping TIRED! Every day all day we are giving it our all, (even P day haha because we are still contacting and go do family nights.) But I am so happy, because I am doing the Lords work. If I didn't know these things were true I would not be working so hard, but I DO KNOW THESE THINGS ARE TRUE and thats why I work so hard! I'm not the best missionary, I don't know everything, but I know if I work as hard as I can and trust in the Lord, that we will find success and happiness. I love my area Villa Hermosa, and my zone is pretty sweet. Me and my comp are getting along great and we are learning so much every day. Peru is legit! And crazy! Every day is an adventure and I am loving it. Soo different, but its amazing to be put in another culture like this and to compare and see the differences of everything, and then to think that we are all children of God and he has a specific plan for every single one of us. I want to share a spiritual message with you guys that my MTC teacher shared with us


"Through our lives sooner or later, we´ll face disappointment or fear , whether something new in our lives or because God asks us to do something which is hard for us, I would like to use a verses to illustrate this. in Matthew 14 :25,26 the master was coming to his disciples on the waters, because they didn't recognize him, they began to fear saying oh a ghost. Through our lives something the master is coming to us but as his disciple we can´t recognize him and then we are afraid. We can´t see beyond of this bad experience or disappointment is Jesus Christ coming to us inviting us to act, helping us to be better. later on Jesus said: Be of good cheer it is I; be not afraid.
When one baptismal date falls through, when we feel tired, when we feel we are doing our best and it seems not to work, when your companion is not so exited in the work as we would wish, when we can't attain our goal, when an investigator says I don´t  want to know any more about your church, when investigators don´t progress as we would wish. Elders and sister I know behind all of this is Christ inviting us to have even more faith, inviting us to strive even more, inviting us to walk on the waters even one step more. After the apostles recognized this ghost as their master one of them said Lord, if it be thou, bid me come unto thee on the water and the savior said: Come. How many of you said sometime ago oh God send me wherever thou want me to go, and then God sent you where you are now. ELDERS AND SISTERS you actually are walking on the waters in this moment, you are walking on the waters you are not as those who stayed in the boat. No you recognized the Lord and accepted to walk on the waters. Now the question is how far I´ll go without sinking. Your trials and challenges as missionaries are like those waves which scared Peter, and which made him to begin to sink. Elders and Sister every day is an opportunity to show to our Savior these waves don´t scare me because I know where I´m going, and then step one more step. When I was in my mission I learned something really important which was every day when I felt most tired I had a thought in my mind which was today I´m gonna have a great miracle for this reason I´m being tested, then I got even more strength and woke up. later during the day I was witness of great miracles that I know I wouldn't have been part of if I would have been disobedient. Elders and Sister the challenges on a mission are only a way to test how prepared we are for future blessing, like always after a storm the rainbow appears in the same way after our trials the blessings will appear.  Go ahead, I appreciate you for your efforts. I pray for you like your families, and I say this in the sacred name of Jesus Christ, amen."




I thought this message was awesome and it has really strengthen my testimony, I hope it does for you guys too. I miss you all so much, but we*ll see each other sooner than we know. God be with you till we meet again.


Love,


Elder Lambson :)












No comments:

Post a Comment