Called to Serve

Called to Serve

Wednesday, July 1, 2015

June 29, 2015 - One Year Mark

This was a pretty good week! Wow it went by soooo fast!! Can you believe... On Thursday I have a whole year in the mission!!! Holy cow! We have lots of potential in this area! There are some really great people and families that we are working with! Wow I was so happy on Sunday because we had 3 of the less active families that we are working with come to church!!! So awesome!! 3 more families that filled up the rows in the sacrament, 3 more families to participate in the classes, 3 more that chose to follow the Lord on his Sabbath day instead of doing what the rest of the world is accustomed to doing, it really was an amazing feeling. Two of the wife's of the families came and they saw each other and hugged and were so happy see each other after so much time, "wow you came today too! its so good to see you!" haha it was a great moment. We have had some awesome experiences this week following the advise of the Prophets to "open your mouth" and "talk with everyone" with Spanish, I'm also learning a little bit of the native language here called Ketchhua, and its so fun to talk with the little old ladies and start little conversations with them and then invite them to the church, some actually came this week haha it was awesome!! We are happy while we are serving. 

Thank you for everything mom! I love you so much and I am so happy for such an amazing life that you and My Father in Heaven have given me. I hope that you guys are also taking every opportunity to serve and love God and your Neighbor, the two great commandments. Be Happy!!! Have a great week! I love you so much and say hi to the family and friends for me!!


We went to some old Catholic chapels, the same one we went to a few months ago with the grave under neath its pretty awesome. Saw some real skeletons. There are so many pigeons out front!! And me with my two sons (Companions he has trained)! Some fun p days and we keep playing soccer every single morning at 5:30 loving every day!






Here is something he wrote to a family friend:

I like to be super creative when I contact people and I say something different every time haha. But one of my favorite things to say goes like this, Hey, I have something super amazing, and I want to share it with you so you know its amazing too! haha The Gospel really is amazing and its so cool to share the things that make us happy. I also love the example that we read in 1 Nephi 8 when Lehi eats the fruit of the tree of life the first thing he wants to do is share it with his family and friends!! If I find something super cool, I'm not just going to keep it to myself, but share it with others so they know its great too! "Hey that's awesome!" "I know right." hahaha, share what you love and love what you share!! Have an amazing week!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment