Called to Serve

Called to Serve

Monday, September 28, 2015

September 28, 2015

Loving the new zone, new companion is legit were working hard. Sweet district, lots of success in here. Awesome ward and super cool members. I haven't written that much in the past few weeks sorry haha. Im feeling better, not so sick anymore, my insides are just a little sore, I don't know what it could be... But we are still working hard, that'll never stop. We are having some amazing experiences. I'll tell you few. We met a man the other day, he knows a little about the church through one of his children who came to the church one day to tell them to send the missionaries. We got to his small apartment room that smelt strongly of cigaret smoke, he is a humble older man that has been in and out of gangs his whole life and always has been addicted to smoking. He let us in with a huge smile and told us about his health problems and his desire to change for once and for all. We shared the story of the conversion of Alma, how he went around destroying the church of God, but how God didn't look at who he was, but who he could become, and when he made the great change he said how great his joy was, the same as how great had been his sadness and pain before. The next time we went back he told us about how he had thinking about what we shared him and said how before he had hear how our bodies are temples, so just like Alma was destroying the church of God, he was destroying the temple of God by smoking and now was the time to stop. He is going to be baptized at the end of October. 

We are super excited for general conference this week its going to be amazing! We will see it in the stake center, and right after the second session we will have 3 baptisms! We are seeing miracles in every single moment. The spirit really is guiding our every decision. 

I gave a talk in sacrament about the Atonement, and how the best way that we can truly apply the Atonement to our lives, is through sincere repentance. If we really want to receive all of the blessings of the sacrifice Jesus has made for us, we have to want to be better, and we have to do a self analysis. We have to sincerely repent and make a real change. As I have been able to apply this, I have felt a difference in the work. As I have made my prayers more sincere, and by really striving harder to repent, I have seen greater miracles everyday, and I feel closer to my Savior. I know He lives, and I know that when we do what is right, always striving to be better, He guides us, He loves us and He is with us. 
Love you! Have a great week!






We did a sweet service this week! We helped a brother with his pig farm. We helped build a few stalls, and move about 10 little piglets to their new home. It was the funniest thing ever. We herded them like little sheep and there were a few who escaped and we had to sneak up, grab their back legs and carry them to the stall. It was soo funny! They scream so loud haha. I have a video of me carrying one but its too big to send hahaha.
--

Love,


Elder Lambson :)

No comments:

Post a Comment