Called to Serve

Called to Serve

Tuesday, January 5, 2016

January 5, 2016

Preface to Elder Lambson's letter by his mom:
Elder Lambson's Mission President called me, just after 7pm Sunday 1/3/16, to let me know that due to severe abdomen pain Elder Lambson was being transported to a hospital.  He reassured me that he would keep me informed as to the diagnosis and that he and his wife were headed to the hospital right then. Several hours later we found out he was being prepped for an Appendectomy.  We phoned Elder Lambson at the hospital and were able to talk to him for a few minutes.  When he answered he said "mom, I'm only supposed to talk to you on Christmas and Mothers Day!" I replied "and before you go into surgery".  I love that he is being so obedient to the Mission rules and the Lord.  President Boswell was amazing in keeping us up to date with his progress via email.
  
Family & Friends -
Hey so this is probably going to be the craziest email I've sent you my whole mission haha. So this week I completed 18 months!! A year and a half!! And you wont believe who my new companion is... Elder Golden, from American Fork! He is the son of Adam Miller`s oldest brother. We actually met each other before the mission and we talked about how cool it would be if we were comps but never thought it would actually happen! And here we are haha. 

My new zone is called Vitarte! And I'm working here with Elder Golden as Zone Leaders! Haha I'm pretty stoked, we are doing great so far, we have had a great week working together already, the only thing that has been able to set us back a little bit is that I got appendicitis! I was in the Hospital for 3 days and ended up getting my appendix taken out!!! 

The area is great we have tons of investigators! Vitarte is where everyone wants to come because they say its the promise land! We actually have a baptism scheduled for this weekend, and for here in two weeks :) It was so sad to leave my last area though!!! Moyopampa was amazing, I'm going to miss them all soo much :,( they were all soo sad to see me go, I felt so bad! I love them so so much and it has definitely been one of my most successful, and enjoyable times of the mission. I had an entire bag full of gifts that the members and some investigators had given me for Christmas and for going away haha. It wasn't the easiest thing to say good bye, but I know that there are people who need me in Vitarte as well and I am already getting a hang of it here! Its a HUGE change but the people are so great here and so receptive! 

Our zone is awesome too, I already know the chapels of the other wards, I was able to do an interview this week for a little boy who got baptized on Saturday. There is literally no down time, but I love it! Anxiously engaged in a good cause!! 

Love you so much! Have a great week! :)
--
Love,
Elder Lambson :)

No comments:

Post a Comment