Called to Serve

Called to Serve

Monday, September 8, 2014

September 8, 2014


Hi - Thank you so much for sending the jacket mom you are the best ever. I hope it gets here too. I have light "chompas" (sweaters) that I wear with a long sleeve underneath so it isn't too cold. I haven't gotten any of your letters yet or the photo album. I bet there are some things still sitting at the Mexico MTC until more Elders come to my Mission, probably next transfer. But the other letters should get here soon, it takes about 2 and a half weeks. The other Elders in my casa are Elder Haught and Elder Allred they are the Zone Leaders. They are so funny! Elder Haught might be one of the funniest people I've ever met, he is from Arizona, but I don't know what part. It makes it a lot easier to have them in the house to speak English with and talk about stuff and also they help me a lot with the learning. I'm blessed in my area. This area is awesome. The members are so nice! We only get to eat at members houses once a week on Sunday for lunch. Yesterday this family was saying they wanted me to be at their house for Christmas so they could give me Mountain Dew and Snickers haha.

Its fun being here and serving, we get to do a service project every Thursday and do stuff like help build houses. Last week we got to throw a couch out of a 2nd floor window. I'm beginning to understand a lot more Spanish. Everyday I'm understanding more and I´m able to respond a lot of the time. It is fun having a Zone with all Elders because we get to do more sports. Today we are going to a big grass field to play American football! I'm stoked!

I am staying fit, I work out every morning and I still have abs haha. Most elders say that they're just going to not worry about it and eat what ever until they have 6 months left and then still not do it and go home fat haha. But not me, tell Bubby I'm going to come home ripped haha.

I hope you're all happy. What is family night like with out me there? There are some awesome Mormon Messages you guys should watch. Hope the family is happy. I always like sharing with the families here that the reason I'm a Missionary is because I love my family so much, and I want other families to have that same joy that ours does because of the Gospel.

We had 12 new investigators and inactives at church yesterday! And we have 2 people getting baptized this Saturday! The work is so awesome! And you can do it too! You don't have to be a Missionary to do Missionary work, share this gospel with those who don't have it. Invite people to church with you. I'm so happy for all of the blessings in my life and for my opportunity to share this happiness with others in Lima. I love America and I wish I was there a lot of the time, but I know that I need to be here and being able to see the changes in peoples lives for the better is what makes it worth it!


The church is true. And I love my family. Have a great week :)

No comments:

Post a Comment