Called to Serve

Called to Serve

Tuesday, March 24, 2015

March 23, 2015






Well the members are awesome here. I had an amazing birthday week. Tuesday I stayed in my area and one of my zone leaders came to do a division, We got so much food and soda from a bunch of people, we contacted basically the whole day up in this one hill side it was super fun, We also had a lesson with a family (N&J) who had us over and gave us cake and more soda, we had a fun time. Wednesday I was sick all day though cause we ate so much haha, I think what really did it though were the big natural fruit Popsicle, you never know if the water they used to make is clean haha. So yeah I was in bed all day Wednesday but Thursday (my birthday) I felt way better and we were able to leave and work really good.

My birthday was fun. We worked just like any normal day, contacting people, teaching, livin it up. But in the night we had a little get together with some of the ward members that are my good friends. And guess what, me and F have the exact same birthday. So we invited him to come over too it was way cool, We had a small spiritual thought, some games, and cake! They didn't throw eggs at us but they did shove my face in the cake, and then I shoved F's face in the cake haha it was funny. Yep it was a good time. It was a really successful week too. Although we lost a day of proselyting we still got to the minimum of the goals we set and exceeded a lot of them. This Ward has changed so much its amazing, everyone is going out on their visits, doing their parts as members and its just super cool to see the progress and also to be able to be a part of it. Two are leaving this week on their missions, one is A she is awesome, she is one of my best friends in this ward who always helps us, goes on lessons. and is way good at being a friend to our investigators. The other is E, we don't see much but he is cool and they both leave tomorrow so we are having a little get together like what we did for me where everyone comes to say goodbye you know?
I'm losing some of my English haha sometimes I forget what things are called. Everything is going super well, me and my comp are super happy together, we are working hard, we don't have a whole lot of free time, even less now being district leader, but when there is a little time before bed we like to play chess and checkers haha. He has never won but its still way fun. I am enjoying my time and loving everyone, super happy, super chill, everything is going great, and I hope the same for you too! Love you!


A Spiritual thought from from my MTC teacher

Mathew 11:28-30

Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I ammeek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.

30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light


Thinking in this scripture, I would like to highlight the importance of the yoke. The yoke is a tool which enables two oxen to work together to do certain action in the field. Here in this scripture, Christ is inviting us to come to Him and He says take my yoke because is easy and its burden is light. How can we do the burden can be esay. Sometimes we feel like our burden are the haviest in the world, but as we work hand by hand to he lord we´ll be able to make light our burden. When two owen have the same yoke they need towork as a team because when they don´t do it causes the other have even more weight. There is a story which says. There was a competition where oxen from all the world long came to compete. The competition was which of all of this oxen would be able to plow a field in less time. Many oxen were big and others very trained for this task, but at the end the lesser big oxen were who won. Everybody asked why? if those were literally a monster. The fact was these couple of oxen have been learned to work as a team, better than any others.

To be a team makes the difference. Being a team with our companion, being a team with the Holy Ghost, and being a team with Christ. This is the only way how are burden can be light and is the only way how your investigators will be able to leave their burden. I know this is true and I testify of this in the sacred name of Jesus Christ our savior, amen.



--

Love,


Elder Lambson :)







No comments:

Post a Comment