Called to Serve

Called to Serve

Friday, April 3, 2015

March 29, 2015

It was a great week! We talked with a lot of people this week with strong opinions and really tried to shake our testimonies. There is so much corruption and badness that is partly from the apostasy and a lot from the bad experiences of people that have caused them to turn away from God and are so lost. Sometimes its so hard to think and wonder stuff like Why? How come? Why are some of these things necessary and why do so many people have to suffer? And I really don't know the answer. But I do know that God exists and is our Loving Heavenly Father, and he has a plan for every single one of us. Being that we encounter happiness in our time here on the earth, or if we are only here to be tested for a short period of time to receive a plenitude of joy when we pass to the life to come. I know that people can find happiness where ever they search for it here on the earth, but that there is a way to find a joy eternal, that is through the Gospel of Jesus Christ. God established the Gospel of Jesus Christ before the world was created, we knew we were going to have to suffer at times, but we also knew that we were going to have a Savior. Jesus is the light, the vine, the water of life, the true path. We have the promise that if we follow the savior, we WILL find this happiness, but like everything, we are free to choose. And just like we receive happiness by following Christ and the Commandments of God, we are also free to NOT choose this path. But as we are free to choose the choices, we are not free to choose the consequences...

The mission is hard, Im not going to lie, we are talking about the salvation of many people and sometimes its so difficult to think ¨why would someone reject this?¨ but everything has its time. And God is the only one who really knows everything, we just have the responsibility to live each day to the fullest, learn as much as we can, take advantage of every moment, love God with all our hearts, and love our neighbors just as we love our selves, and gain all of the experiences that come our way, whether they be good or bad, they will help us to Progress. Being a leader here in the mission, training a new elder who is very different than me, and also leading my district have been huge blessings.

I have always liked to be a leader of those who surround me, but now I am beginning to really understand what it means to follow.... Follow the example of the Savior. He didn't come to the world to be served, but to Serve. The real path to finding happiness in this life is forgetting about yourself, and serving others. I love our Savior and I am so grateful for his example in everything good in this life. I love Easter time to be able to celebrate his resurrection. He really does live. He loves us. I know it with all my heart. I am so grateful for your love and support out here in the field, I ask you to keep praying for these precious souls that I have been so blessed with under my care, and I invite you to remember The Lord in All things, All times, and in All places.

I got all of your stuff (for my Birthday) thank you so much it was awesome! I shared almost everything with Ward members, my comp, and other Elders. I had a great birthday thank you! I almost forgot to tell you I also got to baptise a way cool investigator that the sisters have been teaching. Her name is C and she is 21, super sweet, and super nice. It was a great baptism, her parents were baptised just a few weeks ago. The sisters asked her who she wanted to baptise her and she said "Elder Claxon" hahaha. I love this Ward, I'm probably going to have to leave the next transfer but I really am enjoying the time here.

Other things for you mom, my comp wants to know if you could send him a little hymn book in english, I could go for some more dental flossers (the little sticks) and also I wanted you to say hi to some people for me. ...................... 
Thanks for everything mom, I love you so much! Have a great week! Happy Easter!

No comments:

Post a Comment